Last updated: 14/05/18
The ‘True Table’ is our take on what the EPL would look like had the referees got the Key Match Incidents (KMIs) correct. Based on The Ref Online Referee Coach Mark Halsey’s view of each and every Premier League game from the season, we constructed a table based on his Referee Ranking’s – our very own ref league table.
Key Match Incidents (KMI’s) are those bits of action where match scorelines are altered. The three main criteria that qualify as a KMI are:
- A goal either incorrectly allowed or disallowed.
- A penalty either awarded incorrectly or not given when it should have been. Penalties when awarded retrospectively are assumed as scored.
- A player either sent off incorrectly or not sent off when he should have been. When red cards are issued or rescinded, depending on the balance of play and the minute the offence/or non-offence takes place, Mark makes a decision only if the game result is affected.
Click the game week you would like to view amended results for. Where a result has been changed, we offer a brief explanation as to how the decision came about. For a full explanation subscribe to the The Ref Online Academy where you can access The Verdict.
Those in italics were scores which were altered but had no impact on the table.
- GW 1
- GW 2
- GW 3
- GW 4
- GW 5
- GW 6
- GW 7
- GW 8
- GW 9
- GW 10
- GW 11
- GW 12
- GW 13
- GW 14
- GW 15
- GW 16
- GW 17
- GW 18
- GW 19
- GW 20
- GW 21
- GW 22
- GW 23
- GW 24
- GW 25
- GW 26
- GW 27
- GW 28
- GW 29
- GW 30
- GW 31
- GW 32
- GW 33
- GW 34
- GW 35
- GW 36
- GW 37
- GW 38
- Arsenal's third goal should be ruled out as Mesut Ozil handled the ball in the build up to the goal.
12/08/17 | Watford 2-3 Liverpool (3-3)
- Watford's equaliser (third goal) should be ruled out as Miguel Britos was in an offside position.
12/08/17 | Chelsea 2-2 Burnley (2-3)
- Incorrect early sending off for Gary Cahill in the 14th minute, before any goals were scored.
- Arsenal should've had a penalty for a challenge on Hector Bellerin who was foulded by Mame Diouf.
21/08/17 | Man City 1-1 Everton (1-1)
- Kyle Walker s/o in 44th minute was very harsh, Everton were 1-0 up at the time. No change decided.
- Man United's second goal should be ruled out when Fellaini scored as he was offside.
26/08/17 | Newcastle 2-0 West Ham (3-0)
- Should’ve sent Mitrovic off for violent conduct after elbowing Lanzini, not long before he scores Newcastle’s third.
- Chelsea should have had a penalty when Alvaro Morata's header hit the arms of Harry Maguire in the box.
- Tottenham should've had a penalty when Serge Aurier went down in the box under a challenge from Jordan Ayew.
16/09/17 | Liverpool 2-1 Burnley (1-1)
- Liverpool should've had a penalty when Mohamed Salah was fouled in the area by Ben Mee.
16/09/17 | Watford 1-4 Man City (0-6)
- Two of Man City goals offside; Watford should've had a penalty when Nathaniel Chalobah was fouled.
- Leicester's first goal should be ruled out for a foul on Simon Mignolet; Leicester should have penalty for handball by Emre Can in the box.
23/09/17 | Arsenal 3 West Brom 1 (2-0)
- West Brom should have been awarded a penalty for a foul on Jay Rodriguez; Arsenal should have also had a penalty for a shove on Alexis Sanchez.
- Bournemouth should've had a penalty when a handball in the penalty area by Danny Simpson was missed.
- Burnley should've had a penalty when Joe Hart fouled striker Chris Wood in the penalty area.
14/10/17 | Watford 1 Arsenal 1 (2-1)
- Watford's first goal should be ruled out as the penalty was incorrectly awarded.
- Stoke should have been awarded a penalty when Jese was fouled by Adam Smith.
21/10/17 | Man City 2 Burnley 0 (3-0)
- Man City's first goal should be ruled out as the penalty was incorrectly awarded.
21/10/17 | Chelsea 3 Watford 2 (4-2)
- Chelsea's opener should be ruled out as the corner given in the build up was incorrectly given.
- Everton should have been awarded a penalty when Aaron Lennon was brought down by Christian Fuchs in the penalty area.
- Newcastle had a goal incorrectly disallowed as Dwight Gayle was onside which would give the home side the lead.
5/11/17 | Man City 1 Arsenal 1 (3-1)
- Man City's last two goals should have been ruled out.
- The penalty incident came from an incorrectly awarded free-kick whilst the third goal was offside.
- Arsenal's first goal should be ruled out for offside; furthermore the free-kick in the build up should not have been given.
18/11/17 | Bournemouth 2 Huddersfield 0 (4-0)
- Bournemouth's first goal should be ruled out as Huddersfield should be awarded a free-kick in the build up.
- Their second goal should be ruled out for offside.
18/11/17 | Crystal Palace 2 Everton 1 (2-2)
- Everton's second goal should be ruled out for an incorrect penalty award for diving.
18/11/17 | Man Utd 5 Newcastle 1 (4-1)
- Man United should have been awarded a penalty when Romelu Lukaku is fouled by Ciaran Clark.
18/11/17 | Leicester 0 Man City 0 (0-2)
- Man City should have had a man sent off in the third minute when Vincent Kompany fouls Jamie Vardy for DOGSO.
20/11/17 | Brighton 3 Stoke 2 (2-2)
- Brighton should have been awarded a penalty for the foul on Glenn Murray by Ryan Shawcross.
- In the build up to the winning goal, Romelu Lukaku should be sent off for kicking out at Gaetan Bong and a free kick awarded to Brighton.
- Simon Mignolet should have been red-carded at 1-0. It was decided that with Liverpool a man down, Stoke would have gone on to draw this game.
28/11/17 | Leicester 2 Tottenham 0 (2-1)
- Tottenham's goal should be ruled out for offside.
- Arsenal should have been awarded a penalty for the foul on Danny Welbeck by Matteo Darmian.
2/12/17 | Watford 3 Tottenham 1 (1-1)
- Watford should have been awarded a penalty for the foul on Richarlison by Ben Davies.
- Watford should have been awarded a penalty for an Eric Dier handball.
3/12/17 | Bournemouth 2 Southampton 1 (1-1)
- Bournemouth should have been awarded a penalty for the foul on Adam Smith by Sofiane Boufal.
- Arsenal should have been awarded a penalty for the foul on Alexandre Lacazette by Maya Yoshida
09/12/17 | Burnley 3 Watford 0 (1-0)
- Burnley should have been awarded a penalty for the handball by Daryl Janmaat.
- Burnley had a goal incorrectly disallowed when Ashley Barnes was unfairly adjudged to be off-side.
09/12/17 | Newcastle 3 Leicester 3 (2-3)
- Newcastle should have been awarded a penalty for the handball by Danny Simpson.
09/12/17 | Crystal Palace 1 Bournemouth 1 (2-2)
- Bournemouth's first goal should be ruled out as Crystal Palace should be awarded a free-kick in the build up.
- Crystal Palace's first goal should be ruled out for an incorrect penalty award for diving.
- Crystal Palace should have had a man sent off in the 85th minute when Patrick van Aanholt fouls Roberto Pereyra, before Palace's late winner.
- Crystal Palace should have had a penalty for a foul on Christian Benteke.
16/12/17 | Watford 1 Huddersfield 3 (1-4)
- Elias Kachunga was offside for Huddersfield’s first goal.
- Troy Deeney of Watford and Jonathan Hogg of Huddersfield both should not have been sent off.
- Manuel Lanzini dived for West Ham’s opening penalty.
16/12/17 | Man City 5 Tottenham 0 (4-1)
- Missed a push on Eliaquim Mangala in the penalty box for City; penalty for City should’ve been awarded.
- Harry Kane and Dele Alli should have both seen red when it was 1-0 to City.
- Missed James Tarkowski elbow on Glenn Murray in the penalty area, should’ve been a penalty kick awarded and a straight red.
- Simulation missed, Jose Izquierdo dived into the penalty area without any contact.
17/12/17 | West Brom 2 Man Utd 2 (1-2)
- West Brom should’ve had a penalty for a barge/foul on James McClean by Ashley Young in the box.
18/12/17 | Everton 2 Swansea 1 (3-1)
- Everton’s 3rd goal should have been a free kick not a penalty; Martin Olsson made the initial contact on Jonjoe Kenny just outside the penalty area.
- Penalty for West Ham should’ve been a free kick as initial contact on Michael Antonio happened just outside the penalty area.
- Missed a penalty for Jack Stephens push on Son Hueng-min in the box.
- Penalty should have been awarded to Huddersfield when Joe Allen fouled Aaron Mooy in the box.
- Christopher Schindler trips Mame Diouf in the penalty area but no penalty awarded for Stoke.
- Should’ve disallowed Bournemouth’s third goal as Callum Wilson was offside.
- Simon Francis should’ve been given a straight red for a high foot challenge.
- Jacob Murphy should have been given a straight red for a studded challenge on Gundogan.
- First Swansea goal should have been ruled out for an offside by Jordan Ayew.
- Kyle Naughton should’ve seen red for a stamp on Okaka.
- Huddersfield goalkeeper Jonas Lossl brought down Jeff Hendrick in the penalty area.
- Wilfried Zaha’s penalty for Crystal Palace was a dive.
- Jason Puncheon should’ve seen red rather than a caution for a challenge on Kevin de Bruyne.
- Wrongfully awarded West Brom a penalty for a handball by Callum Chambers.
- Watford’s Molla Wague brought down Aguero in the box.
- Otamendi fouled Pereyra in the penalty area.
- Fernando Llorente was offside for the first Tottenham goal.
- Davinson Sanchez should’ve had a second yellow when the score was 1-0 to Spurs.
- Adrian brings down Dele Alli without getting any of the ball in the penalty area.
- Ben Chilwell’s first yellow was very harsh which led to him being red carded for a second caution.
- Swansea should’ve had a penalty at 0-0 for a deliberate handball by Mohamed Diame which he should have also seen red as it denied a goal.
- Missed a Glenn Murray handball, penalty should have been awarded to West Brom.
- Missed a penalty claim for a foul on Bakary Sako by James Tarkowski.
- Watford’s equaliser should’ve been disallowed for a Maradona style handball by Abdoulaye Doucoure.
- Kane was slightly offside for Tottenham’s second goal; this was not Craig Pawson’s fault as his assistant should’ve come to his aid.
- Alex Iwobi’s clear handball in the penalty area was missed by Kevin Friend.
- Tough penalty claim when Stoke’s Bauer lost his footing and pulled Martial to the ground in the penalty area.
- Missed two penalties, the first when Willy Caballero brought down Ezequiel Schelotto.
- The second which we’ve seen given but also seen waved away when Tiemoue Bakayoko tangled legs with Schelotto in the box.
- James Tomkins slides for the ball in the 6 yard box but only makes contact with Alexandre Lacazette.
- Should have restarted the game at kick-off as Harry Kane was in the opposing half.
- Dele Alli shoud’ve had a penalty when he was brought down in the area by Antonio Valencia.
- Matt Phillips should have seen red for a wreckless challenge on Brahim Diaz.
- Missed a Burnley penalty when Ciaran Clark impeded Jack Cork.
- Fousseni Diabate should’ve seen red early in the game for a dangerous/reckless challenge on Sam Clucas.
- Missed a penalty for West Brom for a nudge in the back of Jay Rodriguez by Ryan Bertrand.
- Should have been a penalty when Terence Kongolo completely wiped out Scott McTominay when challenging for the ball in the air.
- Aubameyang was offside for Arsenal’s fourth goal.
- Stoke should’ve been awarded a penalty for a foul on Shaqiri in the penalty area.
- He also got the penalty decision wrong for grappling on Jese because both players were at it.
- Then the rebound from the resulting penalty kick in which Charlie Adam was brought down from behind should have resulted in another penalty.
11/02/2018 | Newcastle 2 Man Utd 0 (1-0)
- Missed a clear penalty when Chris Smalling tripped Dwight Gayle in the penalty area.
12/02/2018 | Chelsea 3 West Brom 1 (3-0)
- Missed a clear penalty early in the game when Cesc Fabregas brought down Jay Rodriguez just inside the 18 yard box.
- Craig Dawson should’ve received a straight red card for a high foot foul challenge on Davide Zappacosta.
- Should’ve given a penalty to Bournemouth when Jamaal Lascelles wiped out Ryan Fraser without making any contact on the ball.
25/02/2018 | Crystal Palace 0 Tottenham 3 (0-1)
- Missed two clear penalties, the first of which when Palace goalkeeper brings down Ben Davies in the area.
- The second was when Patrick van Aanholt clashes with the back of Dele Alli’s legs, therefore a penalty missed.
25/02/2018 | Man Utd 2 Chelsea 2 (2-1)
- Alvaro Morata’s goal was incorrectly ruled out for offside but this was down to the assistant referee.
- Lee missed a clear penalty when Wilfred Ndidi pushed Charlie Daniels in the area.
03/03/2018 | Tottenham 3 Huddersfield 0 (2-0)
- Spurs should’ve had a penalty when Terence Kongolo dragged Spurs Son Heung-min to the ground.
03/03/2018 | Liverpool 2 Newcastle 0 (2-0)
- Newcastle’s Jamaal Lescelles should’ve seen red for a DOGSO challenge on Mohamed Salah along with a subsequent free –kick just outside the area.
04/03/2018 | Brighton 2 Arsenal 1 (2-1)
- Sead Kolasinac should’ve received a second yellow for a late timed challenge on Ezequiel Schelotto.
- Missed a penalty to West Ham when the ball hit Aaron Lennon’s arm from an Aaron Cresswell cross.
- Burnley’s opener was incorrectly disallowed when Ashley Barnes was adjudged offside.
10/03/2018 | Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 2 (2-1)
- Incorrect to disallow a Palace goal for a high foot in the build up to the goal.
12/03/2018 | Arsenal 4 Watford 0 (3-0)
- Arsenal should’ve had a penalty when Adrian Mariappa mistimed his tackle on Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
- Cenk Tosun was offside for Everton’s first goal; this decision was down to the linesman not the referee.
- Sadio Mane should’ve received a second yellow for deliberate handball.
31/03/2018 | Newcastle 0 Huddersfield 0 (1-0)
- Kenedy lucky not to be sent off for a reckless challenge, not a good viewing angle for the referee to see.
- Arsenal incorrectly awarded a penalty when Mesut Ozil went to ground in the box; replays show Bruno Martins Indi making slight contact with the ball before the opposition.
- Stuart missed a penalty when Mahrez was brought down in the box by Dummett, the AR had a perfect view of the incident but failed to help the referee.
07/04/18 | Manchester City 4 Manchester United 3 (2-3)
- Young handled the ball in the area, AR Lee Betts should be helping Martin out as he didn’t have the best viewing angle.
- Fernandinho luckily escaped a straight red for a kick on Lingard.
- Martin’s recognition of foul challenge was poor after missing another clear penalty and red card when Young made a reckless/dangerous challenge on Aguero.
08/04/18 | Arsenal 3 Southampton 2 (3-2)
- Tadic should’ve seen red for the foul challenge on Arsenal’s Nelson early in the game.
- Andre got the send off for Stephen’s correct but was a bit harsh to send off Elneny, could have managed it better.
- Marcos Alonso should have received a red card for a stamp on Shane Longs calf with no intention of going for the ball.
14/04/18 | Tottenham 1 Man City 2 (1-3)
- Man City’s penalty was incorrect when Hugo Lloris made initial contact with Raheem Sterling just outside the area, difficult to see in real time.
- Jon then missed a straight red card offence for Ben Davies after a reckless with excessive force challenge on Vincent Kompany.
15/04/18 | Man Utd 1 West Brom 1 (0-1)
- Missed a clear penalty for Man Utd when Ander Herrera was tripped in the box by Craig Dawson, this was missed due to poor positioning.
- Missed a penalty after Craig Dawson tripped Mohamed Salah in the area.
- Ahmed Hegazi lucky to escape a sending off after a jab to the ribs of Danny Ings.
21/04/18 | Watford 0 Crystal Palace 1 (0-0)
- Had a perfect view when Adrian Mariappa brought down Wilfried Zaha, Chris wrongly cautioned Zaha for simulation.
- Leroy Sane’s opening goal was offside.
- Missed a clear penalty for Man City when Raheem Sterling was fouled by Aaron Cresswell.
- The free kick in Everton’s half that led to the equaliser should not have been given.